[X4U] Digital photo frame vs Mac

Jonnythan jonnythanster at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:11:06 PDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I've just bought a DigiVista Rock 7-inch digital photo frame, with a 2gb
Kingston SD card. I'm using it with a Mac G5 OS X 10.4.9.

I'm trying to load about 500 photos onto the card, but I'm having lots of
problems. Copying to the card always fails, whether I do them all in one go
or ten at a time. The photos are formatted as jpgs www-ready (i.e. no
resource fork) using GraphicConverter. The copy fail causes the finder to
spin the beachball incessantly, and the only escape is to unplug the USB
card reader. If I then plug it back in and continue with the copy until I've
got all the files on the card, it won't work in the photo frame (it just
cycles one photo round and round). It's as if it doesn't like anything being
written over on the card.

If I reformat the card using Disk Utility back to its original PC format and
just copy a handful of photos onto the card, it sometimes works in the photo
frame, but sometimes doesn't.

I'm using BlueHarvest to eliminate the .ds file on the card, as I realise
this can cause problems with digital photo frames, but it only seems to help
sometimes.

Any ideas - either on getting the pictures copied to the card without
problems, or getting the digital frame to work properly?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Jonnythan.