[X4U] Speaking of Dot Mac

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Oct 24 13:58:23 PDT 2007

Here in Canada we have a current national
discussion about the continued high cost of
retail items. Recently the Canadian dollar has
been in resurge mode against the American dollar.
Today, the Canadian dollar was worth more than
its American counterpart by more than 3¢.
  It closed today @ $1.0319 - Oct. 24, 2007.
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/exchange.html

How does this relate to Dot Mac you might ask?

Well... I recently received my 30-day renewal
notice for .mac. It still costs 40% higher in
Canada.

In the US, a standard .mac account costs $99. In
Canada the same service is $139. When I got stung
last year with this discrepancy I attempted to
get a response from Apple. Apple never even had
the good grace to reply to my many different
requests on this blatant and overcharged
difference.

Gee... I wonder if I'm renewing?

Rod