[X4U] Transfer Applecare to new owner

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Oct 25 04:30:57 PDT 2007

On 25 Oct 2007, at 04:42, Wendy S. Austin wrote:
> Is Applecare on laptops restricted by which country one happens to
> live in?     We are having trouble registering Applecare here on a
> MacBook Pro.   The laptop was purchased in Australia along with the
> Applecare but the owner and laptop reside in Mauritius.   However
> when we try to register it online it comes up with a message that
> says 'this service is not available in your country' or something
> like that.

Applecare covers stuff like hardware failures and in the past a
courier has been sent to my house with an empty cardboard box for me
to put my Powerbook in. He then takes it back to Apple for repair &
returns it when it's fixed.

It may well be that Apple don't have the facilities to undertake this
in Mauritius. You may have to register using your (or a friend's)
Aussie address and accept that you'll need to ship it there yourself
(so that Apple can collect from the registered address) in the event
of failure.

However, I always deal with Applecare on the phone, and recommend you
give them a bell. You don't need to register your Applecare online,
but can do it with one of the friendly & helpful staff on the phone
numbers you'll find in the support section of Apple's website. They
may well be able to accommodate your Mauritius address.

Stroller.