[X4U] Rev.0 G5 2x2 (2003) question

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Oct 26 20:59:24 PDT 2007

At 8:27 PM -0500 10/26/07, Linda wrote:
>Ah, internal MODEM. I didn't get that from your original post, either.
>
>I have a Dual 2.0GHz G5, machine model PowerMac7,2 (system profiler sez);
>not sure if it's a Rev 0 because I'm not sure when it was first released (I
>got it deeply discounted from an Apple store nearly three years ago, it was
>their display model -- not sure how long it was on their floor before it was
>sold to me).

Well, the Rev.0's appear to definitely have them.  I'm at home now,
and while I'm overjoyed to once more have access to my email from
home, I'm also seeing just how unfriendly to modems the Internet has
become.  ***** Verizon can't get my DSL line fixed fast enough, at
least my ISP temporarily activated dial-up while I wait.

Next up is getting it so I can dial in with my work laptop and try
connecting via VPN to work.  I am wondering just how painful that
will be.

Still, at least I have email!

Zane