[X4U] Transfer Applecare to new owner

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Sat Oct 27 10:00:17 PDT 2007

To clarify,

if you purchase applecare in UK/USA and your mac breaks, if you are
in one of the countries listed on the web page below, you are at the
mercy of the authorized apple distributor in that country if s/he
will honor applecare.

The reason for this appears to a combination of legal actions that
make this so. (It is not just because Apple does not, or refuses to.
It appears to be apple is "unable" for some reason probably only a
lawyer understands, but could not explain. The EA to Steve Jobs on
the phone to me could not.)

If they will not, and you pay, Apple will NOT reimburse you.

Lee