[X4U] Speaking of Dot Mac

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sun Oct 28 11:53:42 PDT 2007

>At 2:03 PM -0700, 10/24/07, Rod Duncan wrote:
>
>>In the US, a standard .mac account costs $99. In Canada the same
>>service is $139.
>
>>Gee... I wonder if I'm renewing?
>
>I don't mean to be an Apple fanboy, but I don't think that I'd take
>the time to compare what I would *have* to pay for something against
>what someone else would pay for something. What they pay has nothing
>to do with me. I'd decide whether to pay a price based on what i
>might pay elsewhere for the same quality product.

I agree. However, I find it disconcerting that Apple it OVERCHARGING
Canadian users for the same service. By over 40%!

>Does it matter to me whether you pay more or less for a loaf of
>bread? Of course not. Why are you comparing .Mac as if it should be
>the same everywhere. It is what it is. You either feel that it is
>worth the cost or you don't.

Sound like a fanboy to me. Tell you what. When you upgrade your .mac
account why don't you pay for mine and I'll pay for yours. Let's see
how your loaf of bread tastes when it costs $50+ (including taxes)
for the exact same texture and flavour.

Thanks for you input.
Rod