[X4U] Speaking of Dot Mac

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sun Oct 28 19:32:44 PDT 2007

>On 10/28/07 1:53 PM, Rod Duncan wrote:
>
>>  I agree. However, I find it disconcerting that Apple it OVERCHARGING
>>  Canadian users for the same service. By over 40%!
>
>There are additional costs associated with doing business outside the
>country of origin. What value the Canadian dollar has against the U.S.
>dollar is but one *part* of the pricing equation -- and even if that was the
>whole of it, it changes so frequently that it would be impossible to
>continually update packaging, etc., to reflect the current exchange rate.
>Besides the exchange rate on the day of sale, there are the continued costs
>of service during the year -- a year during which the exchange rate
>fluctuates even more.
>
>What you call overcharging may in fact not be.
>
>~Linda

Dunno Linda... 40+% more for the exact same service sounds like
overcharging to me. Actually, the Canadian dollar is worth 3-4% more
than the US buck so it should be even cheaper than the US cost. At
the very least, it should be at par. Regardless, the consumer
*always* has the last word. I won't renew my .mac account.

Thanks for your input.
Rod