[X4U] Firefox

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sun Sep 2 04:51:40 PDT 2007

At 21:14 -0700 9/1/07, M K wrote:
>I seem to have lost the Red, Yellow and Green (button) / title bar  for my firefox window.
>
>It is behind the Finder bar at the top of the screen.
>
>Since I can't see that portion of the window, I can't move the box  down or around.

Do you have more than one monitor? If you do, is there any screen space that is above the menu bar but not on the main monitor?

Those amount to negative screen coordinates in the graphics world because positive is down in the world of printing. Lots of software is terribly confused by negative numbers. Most UNIX machines don't have any such thing in their X11 environment and OS neXt "is UNIX underneath".

Terminal.app is strange. I have a monitor above my menu bar and I can't just drag a window up there but I can get it there using an AppleScript to set the bounds of a window. I have recently discovered that on a slower G4 I can drag the window really fast and it will make the transition.

Apparently the code is checking for a mouse movement into the menu bar and if you move fast enough it doesn't catch you in the act.

On this OS 9 machine - an 8500 - I can drag windows using the mouse within 3 pixels. of any edge of a window. That feature was added sometime before OS 8 to help with earlier manifestations of your problem. Just another feature that went out with OS neXt.

--
--> The message came to Abraham that he would beget a son. Sarah, who was behind the door, laughed. <--