[X4U] what to use to search HD

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Sep 5 08:21:16 PDT 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 6:56 AM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> So what's the best (hopefully free) app to search HDs? I'm not
> crazy about Spotlight. I'd like to be able to search everywhere
> including the system folders. I'm on Mac 10.4.10.

EasyFind has become very popular, and it is free.
It has a better interface than Spotlight, and it doesn't require any
pre-indexing.
Its not as fast as Spotlight, but it is plenty fast.

You can download EasyFind from here:

http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/index.html

Under "Freeware Applications and Services" a the bottom of the page.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html