[X4U] Anyone retrieved Gmail msgs with Apple Mail via POP???

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 10 13:30:40 PDT 2007

On 10 Sep 2007, at 21:07, Linda wrote:
> On 9/10/07 3:03 PM, Joshua Hough wrote:
>
>> Gmail offers POP access to your inbox, but I can't make Apple Mail
>> see
>> the messages.  I turned on POP in Gmail's settings, and configured
>> the
>> POP account correctly in Apple Mail (latest version, OSX Tiger),
>> following Gmail's setup specs exactly.  Gmail's settings window says
>> 11/14/04."
>>  Apple Mail logs into Gmail successfully, but says there's no new
>> mail.  Which is not true, of course.  Anything I'm missing?
>
> I can get Mail to "see" four of my Gmail accounts, but there are
> two that it
> will not pick up, no way, no how. For those two accounts, I use
> Thunderbird,
> which picks them up just fine. I can't explain it, but, you're not
> alone.

What a lucky coincidence you posted this today. Thank you.

I'm setting up at the moment a new laptop for a customer of mine who
is moving out of town & giving up their ADSL connection; they're
planning to use a GPRS Vodaphone card for the next year whilst they
look for a permanent residence on the South Coast, but Vodaphone
doesn't provide them an email address. I set up Gmail today and it
seemed quite quirky - like not all messages came through. I'll keep
monitoring the next week or two and consider perhaps moving them to
Yahoo.

Stroller.