[X4U] G4 iMac Airport woes...

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Sep 18 22:05:45 PDT 2007

On 9/18/07 11:50 PM, Rod Duncan wrote:

> Not sure
> what you meant by pulling from the other end.

I meant, pulling it loose from whatever other parts of the iMac it's
attached to that assist in its antenna-like capabilities. I don't know the
attachment points in that version of the iMac.

Good luck with this, and keep us posted. I have an original Airport card in
a TiBook 400 that works sporadically. It stopped working altogether for six
months or so, and I bought a wireless PCMCIA card for it. Used that for a
few months and took it out to insert the USB 2.0 PCMCIA card to do some
scanning, and noticed that the computer was still on the Internet -- the
internal card had started working again after its vacation. Weird stuff.