[X4U] Mac MIni?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 1 12:56:39 PDT 2008

> On Apr 1, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> >  My wife has an older 2Ghz MacBook, I believe it
> > has shared graphics memory and has no problem with video performance.
>
> Zane; what kinds of things does she do on that MacBook?
>
> very demanding things like video, photoshop? 3D?
>
> or a mix of web, word processing and other things?

The most demanding thing that she and our five year old do on it is hit
various Youtube, or the various kids websites for video's.  But then I took
the OP's question on video to be that of playing video's.  Her usage is
basically limited to web, email, and iPhoto.  I think the only software I've
installed on it for her is Mac OS X 10.5.2, iLife '08, .Mac, and MS Office
2004.  I'm considering purchasing the new Photoshop Elements and possibly
Adobe Lightroom for her, as she would like to be able to do more than iPhoto
offers without needing to use my system (I have Photoshop CS and Lightroom).

Zane