[X4U] Mac MIni?

n netkat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 13:18:25 PDT 2008

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Tim Kinsella wrote:

>>  But for working a lot
>> with video I don't think it would do as well as an iMac.

well, on that note, I have 2 G4 Minis and I do video with FC Studio and
I have to say the Minis can do it.

Obviously, you're not going to get HD performance, RT rendering and
other things the more powerful Macs offer, but the Mini isn't some dumb
kid's playtoy like they'd have you believe.

On the mini I do video, the boot volume is a 7200RPM Firewire drive,
which helps lots...

I also had a great experience with a 600 mhz Snow iBook... Yes, the pro
model was a bit faster, but 2-3 times the price; not 2-3 times the
PERFORMANCE.

you really pay thru the eye for that little extra squirt.