[X4U] Mac MIni?

nk netkat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 13:33:08 PDT 2008

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Tim Kinsella wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2008, at 3:18 PM, n wrote:
>

>> On the mini I do video, the boot volume is a 7200RPM Firewire
>> drive, which helps lots...
>
> Am I assuming you mean an -external- FW drive??
>
> I could do that...

Yes, I do mean an external FW drive...should have mentioned that!

Takes an otherwise hamstrung computer and puts it more on par with a
"pro" machine, and I am here to tell you, it PERFORMS.

After running X bench about 10 times, I was averaging 55, which is
approximately 1/2 the numerical score turned in by Dual-processor
2.5Ghz G5s, which, as we all know, cost much more, take more juice,
and are much louder, heavier and bigger.

Not a bad showing for the single-processor G4 Mini, I'd say...