[X4U] Mac MIni?

nk netkat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 13:45:34 PDT 2008

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Tim Kinsella wrote:

> As long as you don't think your monitor looks like crap or lags, or
> whatever else might indicate low-end video performance.. sounds
> good to me!

No. what I see on-screen is just fine. I bought an Envision monitor
at Costco, and I have no issues whatsoever.

Now, when I bought my Minis in the late summer of 2005, I remember a
*large* thread on Apple Discussions in the Mac Mini forum as to which
monitors would or would not work with a G4 Mini...some people got
some pretty disturbing results with this monitor or that. I was lucky
in that the Envision worked perfectly.

I can't say whether the Intel Minis also have the issue such that
only *certain* monitors perform well with them.

Also, I've never worked with an Intel Mini; these are G4 Minis and
have  no video lagging issues that I know of.

Bottom line is: my current set up performs *SO* well, I'm in no hurry
to part with my dough, and Apple had better straighten up and fly
right if they expect a guy like me to fork over $1500 on a new machine.