[X4U] Is there a *CHEAP* tool to fill in a PDF form?

n netkat at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 13:11:21 PDT 2008

Hi, Ed;

a few ideas leap to the fore:

1. open a new Illustrator document, place the pdf page in the document
and put it on a layer you can lock. then, have at it with type in a
layer above that one..when you're done, save that as a pdf or whatever.

2. If you don't have Illustrator, you can use Photoshop, although
typing will be clunkier

3. download yourself a copy of NeoOffice and place the PDF into the
draw layer, and do as above with Illustrator.

4. Same might be possible with Inkscape, but I haven't tried it.

At least the last 2 apps I mention are opensource freeware.