[X4U] Re: Mail Account's settings?

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Mon Apr 7 15:06:17 PDT 2008

Hi! All
The roughhousing in posts likely prohibited anyone's jumping in
to advise, sos we went ahead on our own & got lucky(hit & miss?)
on saving sometime & work to get him up & working again..

On Apr 08, 2008, at 12:41 AM, x4u-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:24:33 +0900
> From: Cornett
> Subject: [X4U] Mail Account's settings?
> To: X4U at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
snip
> Is there a way to get all of Mail's Accounts(POP/SMTP) settings
> moved over from Panther easily & quickly?, without the need of
> re-inputting for 20 some account's?, and if this's doable, can
> I simply Drag&Copy across a FWTD mode connection?, and if'n so,
> Where & What specific parts are needed
snip

The main needed was found to be at: User > Library > Preferances >
com.apple.mail.plist & drug across FWTD mode, he also followed suit
with the whole: User > Library > Mail folder , then logged out and
back in, then Repaired Permissions for goodluck, and fired up Mail
to find everything there & waiting except for having to input the
specific Password twice in each of his 20+ odd Account's settings.
HTHs someone/sometime in the future.

Let's hope that there're no more of the all too bitter words on-
List, especially from one of our Gurus. -Think Peace & Harmony.

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
"Imagine"-J. Lennon

/