[X4U] Nixing an erroneous "to" name in Mail.app

nk netkat at comcast.net
Thu Apr 10 12:04:01 PDT 2008

somehow, mail.app entered an incomplete spelling of a friend's name
as an email entry; I was prbly too hasty, and tabbed to the subject
line after typing a few letters of their name (perhaps not allowing
Mail.app enuff time to link what I'd typed to an email addy, and I
didn't correct what it did?)

Well, now, Mail.app thinks that that name fragment is an email
recipient,  even though it has attached no email address to it,
offers it up, and I have to scroll down to the legit ones to make
sure the email actually gets sent out.

Tried searching for the fragment in address book, but it doesn't come
up, only the correct one does.

Anyone know how I can track that rascal down and get rid of it?

thank you!