[X4U] Time Machine purposely not backing up ~/MobileSync?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Thu Apr 10 21:38:04 PDT 2008

I upgraded my iPhone firmware for the first time since July to the
newest iteration.  (Had previously Jailbroken the phone so I could
install 3rd-party apps. )

Restore and Firmware upgrade went smoothly, but it wasn't until
afterwards that I noticed that I had erased my old Notes on my
iPhone.  No problem, I thought, I'll go into Time Machine, find where
Apple stores those Notes, and extract them.

I found through some Googling that you go to ~/Library/Application
Support/MobileSync/Backups/ to find the appropriate backups, stored
as .mdbackup files.

Unfortunately, when I check in Time Machine in that directory, the
MobileSync folder exists only in the most recent, hourly backup of my
drive.

I can't find any trace of it just a few hours ago, much less a couple
of weeks ago.

Can anybody else with an iPhone and Time Machine check out their ~/
Library/Application Support/    directory to see if MobileSync exists
there, and if it goes Back In Time?

Michael