[X4U] e-mail server question

lisa c lcarr at mason.gmu.edu
Fri Apr 11 15:11:55 PDT 2008

Hi,
   While I definitely recommend picking up books on how email works I
think you also need to have an idea of what type of email package you
plan/want to install.  That will also help you to narrow down what
books to buy.  Ie.. there are many email server packages and thus many
books on how to set one up.  If you've never done email before I would
probably recommend you look for a package that is somewhat easy to set
up (Ie all the pieces are bundled) and with good tech support.  As
opposed to trying to dig in and install all the individual pieces (and
maintain all the individual pieces).  I'd be happy to talk to you about
some options offline if you'd like.  :)
=lisa