[X4U] Boo to Safari 3.1

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 21:16:38 PDT 2008

On 3/18/08 10:08 AM, M.Milligan wrote:

> Sirius would use Windows Media player. And that was OK
> with me, it worked flawlessly.

Windows Media Player was discontinued for Mac a while back. The alternative
is downloading the free component from Flip4Mac and installing that.

> Now, with Safari 3.1, that's not the case. I get an error msg saying I
> don't have a MIME plug in in Safari, and no message saying Safari 3.1
> will use Windows or Quicktime media player.

Chances are, Safari 3.1 doesn't look for Windows Media Player because there
isn't one for Mac. If you install Flip4Mac, WMP content should play in
Quicktime.

~Linda