[X4U] persistent icons in side bar?

nk netkat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 12:01:02 PDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Linda wrote:

> I thought I remembered that from comparing your computer to mine a
> few days
> ago wrt RAM and open apps. :)
>
> Mine is set the way yours is, and when I attach a new external hard
> disk (or
> switch it on), or add a thumb drive, etc., it/they automagically
> show(s) up
> in the sidebar -- I don't have to manually add it.
>
> If you log in as a new User and test this, does it behave as you
> expect?

Sorry...I wasn't clear in my explanation. The hard drives' icons do
show up whenever I re-mount them.
what doesn't show up are icons from folders on those hard drives
which I've dragged into the sidebar.

When the dock can't find something, at least it shows a question mark
or asks where the item is. The sidebar merely tosses any icons from
volumes not found.

Maybe that's the way it is an nothing to do about that?