[X4U] Make the Junk filter do a better job?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Apr 17 23:18:31 PDT 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 6:23 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> Okay, I "fourth" that vote.
>
> I get maybe one junk message a week in my In box. I consider that
> acceptable. I could probably fuss around and eliminate it, but it's
> not even worth the trouble. SpamSieve is terrific.

"Me too."  But with a caveat.

The spammers are getting smarter.  Just this week I've started to get
a bunch of spam e-mails designed to screw up anti-spam utilities such
as SpamSieve.  Some come with my own e-mail address as the "sent
from" address.  Others mimic a "failure  notice."  And some include
several paragraphs of legitimate sounding text hoping to cause anti-
spam software to thereafter flag legitimate e-mail and become worthless.

SpamSieve is still accurate enough for me, but more and more spam is
starting to find its way through.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html