[X4U] Make the Junk filter do a better job?

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Fri Apr 18 15:25:21 PDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 10:40, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> My experience hasn't been the same.  I've had some clients report
> lately that they have abandoned SpamSieve, after several years of
> use, because it had become less accurate.  Some of my clients in a
> business setting have opted for challenge/response anti-spam services.
>
> But, as I said, I still personally find SpamSieve to be a great
> program, and reliable enough to recommend.  But the war with
> spammers isn't over.
I've seen a few people complain about increases of spam getting
through SpamSieve. However when I examine their setup I find that they
are automatically setting message from them as good. I know I set it
for them originally to not exclude their own addresses. So something
changed and they denied changing it. I don't know what's happening,
but this preference change has happened 2 often (6-10 times).

Still a very happy user.
..lj