[X4U] ICAL looping

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 17:30:46 PDT 2008

Ed Gould wrote:

>Sorry at work everyday we use the term to indicate a logic error in
>the program and it starts to loop internally (i.e. branches to
>itself infinitely) programmers aren't the best in the world and
>sometimes it happens. The symptom shows it self as the program never
>ends it just sits there eating up CPU time and not producing either
>any output or not displaying anything on the screen. an extremely
>simplistic example is this bit of code:

Okay, so did you  mean that it was "frozen"?  I wondered if you meant
that some command or activity was running then repeating. But you
mean, perhaps, that it was "frozen" (unresponsive) and you assumed it
was because some process was looping?  (and I imagine that probably
was why - I haven't seen a verified explanation of why we get SPOD.
Is that what you had? A spinning colored ball when you selected iCal?

Daly