[X4U] Why do some images not go through on Apple Mail?

John Dach john at mlce.net
Wed Apr 23 06:38:09 PDT 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 4:36 AM, Daly Jessup wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>
>> My friends who have Mac and PC's tell me that some of the images I
>> forward to them do not come through. For example, a person will
>> send me a humourous picture or picture via email. Some of them I
>> want to share with my friends. For reasons I don't understand, any
>> text associated with the picture will go through to my recipients,
>> but the images do not.
>
> Some people have solved this by actually downloading the images to
> their hard drive, then forwarding the message and newly attaching
> the downloaded images.
>
> Daly
> ----------------------

I have the same problem.  Sometimes pictures will go through in a
forward or a drag n drop or a copy and paste, and other times, no go.
I get a lot of pictures from others that are shown twice too.  And
sometimes a dragged image or movie into a new e mail will be the size
of a small postage stamp and no way to enlarge it.  Apple really
needs to fix some of this stuff.  I had used Eudora for YEARS, but
something went wonkie with it and my computer/system and after
loosing my address book for the 5th time (and reloading Eudora from
my backup copy files AND the site) I moved to Mail.  Again I really
do not like it.  Also hate the way one has to go through the
"process" in Mail to make an active link.  Eudora saw the http or the
www and MADE it a link.

Off to work.

John Dach