[X4U] Vertical lines in mail

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 22:13:40 PDT 2008

On 4/23/08 11:55 PM, John McClernan wrote:

> Au contraire, Linda. I just tested your theory and the message I sent
> to my work address from Mail had no quoting at all when it arrived in
> Entourage, no brackety thingies, nothing.

That's odd, as it's not a theory. It's how it works here for me...

How do you have your mail programs set up? Did you include quoted material
in your message that showed none? What do you see on the quoted text above
this paragraph -- lines? brackets? something else?

I have both Mail and Entourage (and Thunderbird) running, and in Mail I
almost always see colored lines, no matter who sends it to me; in Entourage,
I never see vertical lines.

In your own mail, "IMPORTANT STUFF TO KNOW" is preceded by... two brackety
thingies, as I read it in Entourage.

What do others see?