[X4U] Set up Parallels or Boot Camp

David R. Boag, DDS spikedds at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 20:02:37 PDT 2008

I just purchased a 2.5GHz MBP 15" w/ 512MB VRAM and 250MB HD on ebay
new for a really nice price. WOOHOO!! I'm a dentist, and plan on using
it at the office, which is unfortunately all PC. ;-( However, I am a
registered Parallels 3.0 user, and so I will be setting up Parallels
on it so that I can use my dental software on it, since my office is
all digital--no paper charts, no x-ray films...SO nice.

As I wait for this thing with baited breath, I need to figure out how
I'm going to set up my PC partition. When I bought Parallels, it
didn't support the use of Boot Camp partitions, but I have been
informed that it does now. So, what's the best way to set up the PC
side? Do I just do the normal Parallels install or should I set up the
PC partition in Boot Camp and then install Parallels and point it to
the Boot Camp partition?

Any advice is welcome.

Did I say WOOHOO?!!!!!

David R. Boag, DDS