[X4U] Why do some images not go through on Apple Mail?

Dave B DaveB_Lists_1004 at gto.net
Mon Apr 28 14:14:03 PDT 2008

But doesn't that require the assumption that the RFC (Request For
Comment) is going to be adopted as a standard? Maybe I'm being naive,
but wouldn't it be prudent to write code that is standards compliant?
Writing code to meet RFC's is going to (almost certainly) lead to it
being invalid. Why else are there standards?

To use your analogy, RFC's are the 'floating target'. Standards are
the stationary target.

I'm not a developer, and don't claim to understand the intricacies of
that industry. However, I was under the impression that well written
code that adheres to standards could evolve to meet new standards as
they are implemented.

Regards,
Dave

--
Some people know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
I value my time so I use an Apple computer.