[X4U] Billing problem

Wayne Clodfelter wayneclodfelter at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 4 07:52:40 PDT 2008

Paul Moortgat wrote:
> A few days ago I bought some music from iTunes.  No wI got a mail asking
> if I had changed my card or some other information.
> And there was a link to go further.  I did that and got immediately a
> new window which told me that it was a fraud.
> It's the first time I got a message that a site is monitored.  How on
> earth could they know that I had ordered something from iTunes?
>
> Paul Moortgat
>
> Seven Cent Deals - Great legacy stuff Great Legacy
> Pricehttp://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?cat=Seven+Cent+Deal

Hi Paul,

They probably didn't. They probably just sent it out to a gazillion
addresses figuring that some of them had ordered from iTunes.

It's the same thing they do with x, y, or z bank, ebay, etc.

I keep email addresses in my address book for reporting spoofs, scams,
and phishing emails to my ISP, bank, ebay, and paypal so I can forward
ALL messages I get asking me to click on links regarding ALL financial
dealings and info.  I have never gotten a reply telling me the message I
forwarded was legitimate.

HTH

--
Regards,