[X4U] Cheap Source for .mac

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Wed Aug 6 12:53:44 PDT 2008

My copy of MobileMe arrived today. The URL to activate the account
(www.me.com/activate) is printed above the activation key.

When I opened the MobileMe System Preference and clicked the Renew button,
it still gave me the page not found error at MobileMe. I entered the URL in
the browser and was taken to a page where I could enter the activation key
and select a radio button to either create an account, reactivate an expired
account, or renew an existing account. When you click the "renew" button
here, you are given text fields to enter the member name and password.

I entered the information, clicked the continue button, entered my password
again for verification, and after a few moments was presented with the new
expiration day in 2009.

So if you just follow the directions on the "manual" that comes in the
MobileMe box, everything works. Or, at least, it worked for me.

Now if they would just credit me the month for all of the launch hassles.
;->

Good luck, all.
Fred