[X4U] desktop pics

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Thu Aug 7 10:27:27 PDT 2008

> What happens when you save a copy to a separate folder and  use
> that? I wonder if you are loading a low resolution version via
> Aperture?

Yeah... It gets more interesting from here.

I see two Aperture Projects listed in the sidebar of the Desktop Pic
Pref. I can delete neither. Then when I go to add another folder it
acts like it has been added, but is not displayed in the list. If I
add it again, I am told that it has already been added.

I deleted the prefs, and the cache for desktop images...
Restarted...

Same behavior.

I opened a test user and it worked fine with freshly downloaded
images... (I did not try and open Aperture and add images and then see
if the system for desktop images got screwed up in the test user.)

Since I cannot add folders to the list. I moved the images I use into
the Pictures Folder. then I access them from there. Anything I bring
into the Desktop Pref Panel from Aperture sucks.  Same image from the
Pictures folder looks wonderful.

Is there any way to get the system to NOT see the Aperture Library?

I suppose I could do an Archive and reinstall... But that is annoying
for such an odd bug.

Steve