[X4U] iMac Screen colors issue resolved?

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 12 13:37:49 PDT 2008

you might remember a few months back when it came out that apple
released iMacs with screens not only inferior to the prior models' but
which didn't display millions of colors, as apple claimed. The top of
the line model did, but not the 2 under that.

IIRC, there was talk of a class action suit over it..

anyhoo, I have been looking at my usual spots to see the progress on
that issue, to find out whether apple learned its lesson and whether
new/current iMacs ship with quality screens showing millions of colors
or not.

Anybody know?

thanks!

zc