[X4U] iMac Screen colors issue resolved?

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Wed Aug 13 11:23:27 PDT 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 10:52 AM, zapcat wrote:

> well, that glossy screen truly IS in the eye of the beholder, but
> the issue about the internal components of the screen, and whether
> it does or does not display millions of colors as apple claims, is
> an either/or value.
>
> either it does or it doesn't.  paying for a better screen, but
> getting a crummy screen isn't acceptible, whether the screen surface
> has a matte skin or a glossy one.
>
> I respect the glossy/not glossy argument as a matter of taste. but
> does anyone know about the millions of colors/inferior screen issue?

"About this Mac" on my Son's 2.4GHz 20" iMac says it is 32-bit color.
Whether that is true or not I don't know.

I do know that IMO it is gorgeous -- colors are much brighter than my
23" Cinema display.

--
Rod

"What's the point of having a dwarf if he doesn't do chores?"
-- Norman (Henry Fonda), On Golden Pond