[X4U] when is a journaled volume not journaled?

Wayne Clodfelter wayneclodfelter at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 18 07:10:25 PDT 2008

I have a condition occurring within Disk Utility that confounds me, and
I wonder if anyone else has seen this, and how it might be corrected.

This under OS X 10.5.4 on a 2001 Quicksilver PPC.

Info shows a volume (happens to be my boot volume) as "File System: Mac
OS Extended (Journaled)" and "Journaled: Yes."

But when I verify (or repair) the volume, the details include the remark
  "Checking Non-journaled HFS Plus volume."

Has anyone else seen this conflicting dialog?

Thanks.
--
Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter