[X4U] Recommendations to free disk space

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Mon Dec 1 12:18:32 PST 2008

In my opinion there is little you can do to 'free' up space other than
delete files. Some log files can get huge but you will either have to
add an additional external hard drive, delete files such as documents,
music, videos and or applications.

Some say keeping 10 percent of your hard drive free is a good idea. I
believe in keeping lots more than that open on my startup drives.

External hard drives are very inexpensive these days. That is the path
I'd follow.

Jens

On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Earle Jones wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Trey Sizemore wrote:
>
>> I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.x on a Mac Mini PPC.  It's got an 80GB drive
>> with about 500MB free space now.  I'm looking for some (preferably
>> free)
>> utilities to find and free disk space on this machine.
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> *
> Trey:  Greetings!  Go to:
>
>   http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net
>
> and download the freebie "GrandPerspective", which will give you a
> very interesting graphic look at your disk usage.
>
> earle

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...