[X4U] Recommendations to free disk space

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Tue Dec 2 08:23:47 PST 2008

Tray,

If you use Mail as your e-mail client then you might want to check
the Mail Downloads folder in your library, Users/username/Library/
Mail Downloads. If you ever double click on an attachment in Mail to
open it, a copy of the attachment is saved to this folder. If you
haven't checked this folder it's possible you have lots of files
there that are taking up space on your HD. The first time I checked
it I had a couple of GB worth of files there. It's perfectly safe to
delete these duplicate files as it doesn't affect the files attached
to your e-mails. After discovering this I've taken to dragging
attachments to the Desktop and opening them from there. Afterwards I
can move the file where I want it or delete it without any worry.

Out of curiosity, if anyone checks thier Mail Downloads folder and
deletes the files let us know how much space gets cleared up.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing address: