[X4U] Duplicating?

Andrew J. Yon III ayon3rd at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 16:45:10 PST 2008

You really don't need to copy the drive per say, if she is running
Leopard. Start up your G4 in target mode and connect it to the Macbook
with a firewire cable. Time machine should recognize it right away.
You can then back up her drive to the storage drive with TM. It will
not be bootable, but with her restore disks and the TM backup, you can
restore her MB to whatever point the backup is when you make it. I
have used a similar process, ( I used a G5), on my MB before and it
works great.

Andy3