[X4U] Lesson Learned

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Dec 16 01:41:47 PST 2008

To all,

Linda is right...

The last time I had a kernel panic attack was with 10.1.x....

So, the image at the web site that Linda mentions is what I saw.

Thanks Linda....

Still, the G4 17 " is running well after physically removing the ram
and reseating the two modules I have.

Lee
On Dec 15, 2008, at 1624, Linda wrote:

On 12/15/08 2:01 AM, LA Licata wrote: ...

> (It  is NOT the kernel panic alert.)

Are you sure, if you've never seen it before? I think it is the
kernel panic alert -- I've seen it more times than I wish. Apple
changes the look of it every now and then; it's no longer the screen
full of text, as that all gets stored in the crash logs instead, and
it might be light or dark in color. See the examples at Apple's site:
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392>

~Linda