[X4U] Apple QC slipping?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 21:29:22 PST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 5:39 PM, Aron S. Spencer wrote:

> Not sure what OS 9 has to do with QC, but here's a bit about how
> Apple compares to the rest:
>
> <http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/
> apple_mac_tops_comprehensive_computer_reliability_report_again/>

When you take basic functionality of an OS and essentially tell the
users to go scratch people (including myself) get upset. Quality
control is part of *COMPATIBILITY* AT least one major manufacturer
takes such items seriously. From design to implementation it is part
of the QC process. Compatibility between releases of OS (and or
hardware) is really important because like I said 100's of millions
of dollars of investment (company assets are involved) if those
assets no longer work they cannot be on the books as assets. 100's of
millions is no small bowl of nuts it is a piece of the pie and every
CEO looks at all the important financial numbers. 100's of millions
is NOT chump change to any corporate entity.

Ed