[X4U] LaCie 1tb hard drive going wrong

Jonnythan jonnythanster at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:37:25 PST 2008

Hello everybody,

I have a 1tb LaCie drive that I've been using for Time Machine on a PPC G5
(OS X 10.5.5).

Then it went wrong, refusing to mount, and Disk Utility, Drive Genius and
Disk Warrior couldn't fix it. With the latter, attempting to fix it caused
the system to crash.

I tried re-formatting with Disk Utility, but this refused to finish after
leaving it running for an hour.

So I successfully re-formatted using Drive Genius. But then Time Machine
reported the back-up was unsuccessful. So I ran Drive Genius to try and fix
the drive, and this caused the system to crash.

Now the system crashes if I so much as turn the drive on!

Any ideas?

Best,

Jonathan.