[X4U] Re: Duplicating?

Jon jwarms at mac.com
Thu Dec 18 21:35:58 PST 2008

John-

I don't regard $69 for an empty box as particularly cheap. And, while
Firewire 400 may be, in practice, faster than USB2 (though I'd like to
see a citation that shows this), I wonder if the difference would be
sig-
nificant for most of us.

A caution for anyone looking for an enclosure. Note that the spare
drives that many of us have lying around are ATA/IDE drives - parallel
interfaces - whereas almost all of the available new enclosures are
for serial ATA drives. Your links are all for SATA enclosures.

Happy holidays.

Jon