[X4U] Apple QC slipping?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Dec 19 08:50:12 PST 2008

On Dec 18, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Aron S.Spencer wrote:

> So use old machines. They still work.

... and due to good QC, they do still work. I picked up an old B&W G3
a little over a year ago for $35 for the sole purpose of running
legacy OS9 software. I'm in the process of "stuffing" a Blueberry iMac
I picked up for free, full of educational and other software my family
has outgrown to give to a single mom who's never had a computer in the
house. I have no idea how long it will last, but the mother can't wait
to give it to her kids.

To me that's a sign of good quality control. QC isn't about wether or
not something has a given feature, but wether or not there's "quality"
in the features its designed to have.

-Mike