[X4U] Re: Duplicating?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 19 12:02:00 PST 2008

On 12/19/08,  Jon <jwarms at mac.com> wrote:

> I don't regard $69 for an empty box as particularly cheap. And, while
> Firewire 400 may be, in practice, faster than USB2 (though I'd like to
> see a citation that shows this), I wonder if the difference would be
> significant for most of us.

Others have provided sufficient answers.

> A caution for anyone looking for an enclosure. Note that the spare
> drives that many of us have lying around are ATA/IDE drives - parallel
> interfaces - whereas almost all of the available new enclosures are
> for serial ATA drives. Your links are all for SATA enclosures.

They have others that'll accomodate ATA/IDE HDs; e.g.,
<http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=137>. Also, OWC
offers these: <http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/>. If the price is too
steep, press on with your USB enclosure and untestable backup/clone.