[X4U] Database3 file problems

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Dec 29 06:34:45 PST 2008

I recently went to look at a log file for another program and when i
launched console, I saw that there were a lot errors being recorded
about a corrupt syndication log.

It turns out that the this is the file that is corrupted.
/Users/~/Library/Syndication/Database3

After much searching, I found that someone was able to fix it by
opening it up in text edit, and deleting the rows of data that
appeared to be corrupted.

Did the same but was not sure what I was doing...

So, after making a copy of all of the files in the folder, I deleted
the files. (Have to quite safari for this to work.)

Then relauched safari, and had to go back thru my rss feeds and reset
them (I like new files on top, just the last 7 days.)

Now, no more erros, and pages appear to be loading much much faster.

And database3 is now 85% smaller....

May want to take a look....

Lee