[X4U] help, iMac G5 will not boot

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Mon Feb 4 08:44:09 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Anthony Bailey wrote:

> Have you tried booting it up with the system software disk and
> running disk
> utility? That should either fix it or let you know more info about the
> problem. Next step would be to try Diskwarrior or just wipe and re-
> install.
> This is a good reason to have an external bootable firewire hard
> drive so
> that when you have problems, you can boot up with this, and then
> repair or
> back up the internal hard drive.

I've tried booting up from the System CD, insert CD , hold down the C
key restarting all that.. won't boot up from the CD either.
Gray Apple and spinning wheel.

I'm a bit confused.. if I boot into single user mode, and I'm able to
run fsck  and it reports back that the drive is O.K.    ?

Thanks for the replies all..

Any other suggestions ?

Would starting up the iMac in firewire mode or whatever it's called..
and mount the drive from another computer ?  could I then run disk
utility on it that way ?

Kansast