[X4U] Mozyhome or JungleDisk and S3 with Apple's Backup (or another backup program)?

Jamie Kahn Genet lists at wizardling.geek.nz
Tue Feb 12 18:46:03 PST 2008

Anyone tried either of those? Any other solutions? Opinions? Pros and
cons? Is Apple's Backup app up to the task if I go with JungleDisk and
S3? Or what app did you use instead? How does JungleDisk work exactly?
What sort of drive appears? Limitations?

In case anyone else wonders - Mozy <http://mozy.com/home> is backup with
online storage included, and JungleDisk <http://www.jungledisk.com/> is
a way to have Amazon's S3 online storage service appear on the desktop
as a drive.

Your help is REALLY appreciated as I'm in dire need of a decent online
backup strategy for a new Mac that will be storing some very important
data. I'm already using Time Machine with an external HD, but of course
that does no good if the house burns down.

TIA,
 Jamie Kahn Genet