[X4U] parallels hard drive

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Thu Feb 14 09:10:41 PST 2008

---- Mitchell Senft <ms53 at optonline.net> wrote:
> Got Parallels pre-loaded on the MacBook. Now want -- need! -- to
> reduce the partition to regain HD space. Parallels/Windows is used
> essentially only for running a remote access app (PCAnywhere) to
> access the PC at work. No other reason/need to run Windows.
>
> So the question simply (?) is this: How do I reduce the partition
> alloted to Parallels and the Win guest OS? And yes, I tried the
> support pages at Parallels; only showed how to expand it. Also emailed
> TS; no real answer.

Do you mean reduce the partition of the physical drive or reduce the partition of the disk image?

Parallels can boot from a disk image file or a disk partition.

If it is from a disk image, you may not be able to reduce. If you are booting from a physical disk partition, you should be able to reduce the partition size from within DiskUtility. (10.5 only)

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net