[X4U] New iMac

Paul Moortgat paul.moortgat at pandora.be
Fri Feb 15 12:35:23 PST 2008

It's a 24 inch iMac 2.8.  It's faster than my G5/2.5.  On the previous
G4 (10.3.9) it took a minute to open a page from a local newspaper.
Now, it's 1 or 2 seconds.  You can blame it on Intel, Leopard, iMac,
2.8.
It's the result which is impressive.
When I Skype, I now can see the contact.  The picture is better than
that from the iSight.  The screen is magnificent, it doesn't need a
plastic anti glare sheet.  We bought it because it's better equipped
than the other 24 inch.  Larger drive, more RAM and a little faster.
This last item is not needed, but it's there.  The cost here is just a
little less than 2220 euro.

Paul Moortgat