[X4U] Mac Pismo Powerbook

N netkat at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 10:55:34 PST 2008

Hi, Cindy;

I also have a Pismo which I use wirelessly and have had pretty good
luck with the D-link DWL-122, which I got in the neighborhood of $50 or
$60 back in 2003.

It works fine with one exception: when you are finished with your
wireless session and want to unplug the DWL-122, you have to either
shut down or restart the Mac and unplug it before it finishes
rebooting. Otherwise, you'll get a Kernel panic, which will force you
to power down or restart anyway.

I did a little poking around online for a solution to this problem, and
there seemed to be none, so, it's something I live with.

HTH,